Below are links to recently published materials related to use of antimicrobial copper in healthcare settings.
Clinical trial results are being submitted to the U.S. EPA for review. Infection-reduction claims made in these studies associated with copper surfaces are neither permitted nor approved at this time.
- IDSA: Copper Covering May Cut Hospital Infection Rates
- Wall Street Journal Article regarding Copper
- Press Release about Clinical Trials
- Scott II, DR. “The Direct Medical Costs of Healthcare-Associated Infections in U.S. Hospitals and the Benefits of Prevention.” CDC. 2009.
- Antimicrobial Copper: Properties and Applications
- Copper Surfaces in the ICU Reduced the Relative Risk of Acquiring an Infection While Hospitalized
- New Insights into the Antimicrobial Mechanisms of Copper Touch Surfaces
- New Technology Kills Bacteria That Cause Hospital Infections
- Link: Additional articles and studies regarding Antimicrobial Copper
- << Prev